In this Privacy Notice:
“Data Protection Legislation” means the DIFC Data Protection Law, 2020 (“DIFC DPL 2020”) and EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 ("GDPR"), together with all other applicable and national implementing legislation, regulation relating to privacy or data protection; and where we use the terms "personal data", "data subject", "controller", "processor" and "process" (and its derivatives), such terms shall have the meanings given to them in the applicable Data Protection Legislation.
ICICI Bank Limited (DIFC Branch), regulated by Dubai Financial Services Authority, is committed to keeping your personal data private. We shall process any personal data we collect from you in accordance with Data Protection Legislation and the provisions of this Privacy Notice. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of DIFC DPL 2020 and GDPR, ICICI Bank is the data controller of your information. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use your personal data. We are required under Data Protection Legislation to notify you of the information contained in this Privacy Notice.
Collecting Information from You
ICICI Bank will collect and process your personal data you provide us through application forms, our website, face-to-face and electronic communication (including telephone conversations) in order to provide our services to you.
The Kind of Information We Hold About You
- Personal details such as name, date of birth, father’s name, mother’s name, e-mail ID, nationality, marital status, gender and phone numbers
- Other information such as Visa, Passport, overseas Tax-Identification Number and overseas country-specific unique identifier
- Current overseas residential address and permanent residential address
- Transaction and shareholding details
- Financial Information
- If you are seeking specialised services as permitted under applicable law, then your investment risk appetite and preferences, current investments profile and investment objectives and goals as shared by you
- Information in the nature of your occupation, education and qualifications, annual income and source of income
- Details of nominee, witnesses, guardians which include their signatures, addresses and relationship with you
- Address proofs like valid passport, driving licence, voter identification card, job card issued by Government agencies, Emirates ID, Aadhaar Card and PAN card
- Overseas address proofs such as address on passport, utility bills, bank statements, national ID cards and photographs
- IP addresses
- CCTV footage and other information obtained through electronic means
- Cookies (please see our Cookies policy below)
Advertising and Marketing
There are links in our website leading to other sites. This guidance does not extend to those sites. We therefore would recommend the reading of the data safeguarding policies of these sites.
All proper and expected technical and organisational security procedures have been taken to shield your personal data and to prevent that no unauthorised persons gain access to the same. These precautions include for example the transfer of all data entered into our internet presence using SSL encryption (128 bit) or the use of a mandatory authentication mechanism for access to your account.
Lawful Grounds for Using Your Information
We are permitted to process your personal data in compliance with Data Protection Legislation by relying on one or more of the following lawful grounds:
- You have explicitly agreed to us processing such information for a specific reason.
- The processing is necessary to perform the agreement we have with you or to take steps to enter into an agreement with you.
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation we have.
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by us, which might be:
- to provide services to you;
- to ensure that our customer accounts are well-managed;
- to prevent, detect, investigate and prosecute fraud and alleged fraud, money laundering and other crimes and to verify your identity in order to protect our business and to comply with laws that apply to us and/or where such processing is a contractual requirement of the services or financing you have requested;
- to protect our business interests;
- to ensure that complaints are investigated;
- to evaluate, develop or improve our services; or
- to keep our customers informed about relevant services, unless you have indicated at any time that you do not wish us to do so.
Purposes of Processing
Specifically, we and our other group companies may use your information for the following purposes and under the following legal bases:
|How we use your information
To provide and manage your account(s) and our relationship with you
To give you statements and other information about your account or our relationship
To handle enquiries and complaints
To provide our services to you
For assessment, testing (including systems tests) and analysis (including credit and/or behaviour scoring), statistical, market and product analysis and market research.
To evaluate, develop and improve our services to you and other customers
To protect our business interests and to develop our business strategies
To contact you, by post, phone, text, e-mail and other digital methods. This may be:
To collect any debts owing to us
To meet our regulatory compliance and reporting obligations and to prevent, detect, investigate and prosecute fraud and alleged fraud, money laundering and other crimes. We may record your image on CCTV when you visit our premises.
To assess any application you make, including carrying out fraud, money laundering, identity, sanctions screening and any other regulatory checks.
To monitor, record and analyse any communications between you and us, including phone calls
To transfer your information to or share it with any third party to whom your account has been or may be transferred following a restructure, sale or acquisition of any group company
To share your information with Federal Tax Authority, UAE or other relevant tax authorities, Reserve Bank of India, Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA), Central Bank of UAE and other Government authorities, credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies, and India and overseas regulators and authorities
To share your information with our partners and service providers
Automated Decision Making
If you apply to us for a product, your application may be processed by an automated decision-making process which may carry out credit and affordability assessment checks to determine whether your application will be accepted. Where these automated processes suggest that your application should be rejected, we may manually review your application before making a final decision. We may also use automated processes to decide credit limits.
We may also carry out automated anti-money laundering and sanctions checks. This means that we may automatically decide that you pose a fraud or money laundering risk if the processing reveals your behaviour to be consistent with that of known fraudsters or money launderers, is inconsistent with your previous submissions, or you appear to have deliberately hidden your true identity.
If we, or a fraud prevention agency, determine that you pose a fraud or money laundering risk: (i) we may refuse to provide the services you have requested, or we may stop providing existing services to you; and (ii) a record of any fraud or money laundering risk will be retained by the fraud prevention agencies, and may result in others refusing to provide services or employment to you.
We keep all your personal data confidential. However, in order to be able to service your needs to the best of our ability, we may share any information you provide to us with our group companies and their agents, counterparties and support service or data providers, wherever located. If you have provided information to other members of our group, those entities may also share that information with us.
To help us provide services, your data will be processed internally and externally by other third parties. We use third parties for administrative, servicing, monitoring of your data. We will outsource some services to third parties whom we consider capable of performing the required processing activities, so that there is no reduction in the service standard provided to you by us.
The recipients or categories of recipients, of your information may be:
- Any revenue service or tax authority including Federal Tax Authority of UAE, Income Tax Department, if obliged to do so under applicable regulations.
- Overseas regulators and authorities in connection with their duties (such as crime prevention).
- Anyone to whom we may transfer our rights and/or obligations;
- Any other person or organisation after a restructure, sale or acquisition, as long as that person uses your information for the same purposes as it was originally given to us or used by us (or both)
- Credit reference, identity and address verification organisations who may record and use your information and disclose it to other lenders, financial services organisations and insurers. Your information may be used by those third parties to make assessments in relation to your creditworthiness for debt tracing.
- Fraud prevention agencies and law enforcement agencies who will use it to prevent fraud and money-laundering and to verify your identity if false or inaccurate information is provided by you and fraud is identified. We, fraud prevention agencies and law enforcement agencies may access and use your information for example, when:
- Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities;
- Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities;
- Recovering debt;
- Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance
- Other product and service providers for products and services which you would have agreed to avail or being referred to
- Service providers as appointed from time to time for operational support to the Bank
- Courier or postal service providers for the purpose of sending of mails to you as a customer
- Social media websites for our marketing campaigns where permitted
For further information, please refer to our product specific terms and conditions and application form.
Details of Data Transfers Outside the European Union (EU) or the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
As we are a branch of a Bank established in DIFC, if you are an EU resident or national, information about you will be transferred to us and to other parties in countries outside the European Economic Area (particularly to India and UAE (including DIFC)) for any of the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. Similarly, information about you will be transferred to us and to other parties outside the DIFC for any of the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
You understand and accept that these countries may have differing (or potentially less stringent) laws relating to the degree of confidentiality afforded to the information it holds and that such information can become subject to the laws and disclosure requirements of such countries, including disclosure to Governmental bodies, regulatory agencies and private persons, as a result of applicable Governmental or regulatory inquiry, court order or other similar process. In addition, a number of countries have agreements with other countries providing for exchange of information for law enforcement, tax and other purposes.
If we transfer your information outside the European Economic Area or the DIFC, as applicable (for example because we have to provide such information by law), we will use our endeavours to put in place appropriate safeguards to ensure that your information remains adequately protected.
Retention and Disposal of Data and Output
We will keep the information we collect about you on our systems or with third parties for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations to which we are subject.
Storage of Your Personal Data and Data Security
All information you provide to us is stored in our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know basis. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Our Communication with You
We may communicate with you through electronic mail (e-mail). We will never ask you for your password.
When you contact us through any of our communication channels including visiting a local branch or calling the Phone Banking service, we will verify your identity by asking you a number of questions based on information known to us about you and the transactions on your account. We may record your calls for training, quality and security purposes.
We and other members of our group may use your information from time to time to inform you by letter, telephone, text (or similar) messages, e-mail or other electronic means, about similar services which may be of interest to you or them. You may, at any time, request that we cease or do not send such information by one, some or all channels, by contacting us using the contact details set out below.
Rights Over Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Be informed about the processing of your personal data (i.e. for what purposes, what types, to what recipients it is disclosed, storage periods, any third party sources from which it was obtained, confirmation of whether we undertake automated decision-making, including profiling, and the logic, significance and envisaged consequences).
- Object to your personal data being processed for a particular purpose or to request that we stop using your information.
- Request not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data.
- Ask us to transfer a copy of your personal data to you or to another service provider or third party where technically feasible and otherwise required by applicable regulations.
- Withdraw, at any time, any consent that you have previously given to us for our use of your personal data.
- Ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages at any time.
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your working relationship with us.
- Request the erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where you think that we do not have the right to process it.
Any request for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with Data Protection Legislation. We will provide this information free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards any individual’s rights as a data subject.
If you would like to contact us in relation to any of the rights set out above, you may visit our branch or contact us using the following contact details:
<Mr Sudindran Nair, Data Protection Officer, ICICI Bank Limited (DIFC Branch), Level 27, Central Park Towers, Office Tower 27-31, Dubai International Financial Centre, PO Box 506529, Dubai, UAE.
To protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing you with the details.
Right to Complain to the Supervisory Authority
You have a right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of state of habitual residence.
This Privacy Notice
The content or services mentioned on our website may be changed in future and consequently this Privacy Notice may also change. Any changes we may make to this Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page and where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. We recommend that you re-visit this page regularly and inform us if you do not agree to any term mentioned here.
Safeguarding your right to privacy is imperative to us. Hence, we request you to peruse through our Cookie Guidance.
We acquire information about your general internet usage through cookie files kept on your computer hard drive. These cookies hold information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us improve our website and deliver a more customised service. ICICI Bank currently uses the following cookies on its website:
These cookies work towards establishing a visitor session. utmb takes a timestamp of the precise moment when someone visits the site, while utmc takes a timestamp of the precise moment a visitor leaves the site.
This cookie keeps tabs on the number of times a visitor has viewed the website, when was their first visit and when did their last visit happen.
To identify the traffic sources as well as to determine the visitor navigation to the website. For example, this cookie defines what search engine was used, what link was clicked on, what keyword was used and where in the world the user accessed our website from.